Not so Healthy:
Some thoughts from a healthy girl with a healthy BMI!
- I hate, actually scratch that, I CANNOT STAND when I am cooking or preparing food and someone decides to play 20 questions about what I eat and why.
- I still do not like eating in front of people, especially if they have already questioned my food(see above)
- I hate the air conditioner. My bills are outrageous this month due to my retardo roommate running the air conditioner at ridiculous temperature. OPEN A F-ING WINDOW.
- I love the sun
- I was not self conscious UNTIL I got to a healthy BMI. Supposed to float the river tomorrow (aka wear a bathing suit) in front of like 50 guys & girls. Freaking out about it. may wear a tshirt and shorts
- I care immensely what other people think when they look at me. I make up thoughts in my head of what I assume they think. Reality: people do not think like me and could give 2 shits about whether I am a ‘healthy weight’ or not.
- I plan to start weight lifting! Kettlebells and basic body weight exercises. This makes me happy. Puts me closer to dancing again!!!
- I can do 40 pushups (girlie ones lol)
- I liked food a lot more when I ‘needed to gain’
- Dairy does not agree with me. my face breaks out, I am ungodly constipated, skin is dry, headaches…giving it up to see if it gets better- wish me luck b/c I am a dairy whore
- Vitamin D, zinc, magnesium, potassium & K are essential to restoring my bone health. Good thing I <3 the sun
- I need to constantly accept my higher power and trust him that regardless of what I feel or think, everything is going to be alright. It’s that easy. Trust that life has a way of working itself out.
Some Quotes I like…
You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage – Pleasantly, Smilingly and Non-apologetically – to say NO to other things. And the way to do that is to have a bigger YES burning inside. The enemy of the BEST is often the good.” -Stephen Covey
Cherish the good parts of your life all the time, look at your life as a series of chapters, much like a book. Choose your friends, talk to people who are more inspiring than the doomsday ones! Their bitterness could overwhelm you and your whole being, so limit that exposure.
Be VERY careful of people or friends who pretend to care and whose insults are couched as humor or advice that stuns and leaves you speechless.
“The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.” -Salvador Dali
Winners compare their achievements to their [OWN] goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people” -N. Qubein
”Believing in yourself, is an endless destination. Believing you have failed, is the end of your journey!”
Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be”
“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” -Mother Teresa
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible; then they seem improbable… and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. – Christopher Reeves
”Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.”
Self discipline only hurts when you second guess your determination. -Amber Elizabeth
There’s no such thing as perfection. But, in striving for perfection, we can achieve excellence. Vince Lombardi
“The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion when no one else is watching.” Anson Dorrance
Tt’s not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or whether the doer of deeds could have done them better…The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust, and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and often comes up short again and again. Who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause. And who, if at best in the end, knows the triumph of higher treatment and high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his soul shall never be with those cold and timid ones, who know neither victory nor defeat.”~Theodore Roosevelt~
“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” –Wilma Rudolph
“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.” Sydney Smith
To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are. – Muhammad Ali
“Success is never wondering what if.”
“Success is getting what you want, and happiness is wanting what you get.” Dave Gardner
ADVANCE the causes YOU believe in..avoid being too frightful of its consequences..and don’t fear to fail….Many times, life is a constant struggle and anger builds up..if allowed, it could consume you and it would take you further from your life. FOCUS, HAVE FAITH, Our God is carrying you even with His only footsteps in the sands…
“To be successful you must accept all challenges that come your way. You can’t just accept the ones you like.” Mike Gafka
“Triumphs without difficulties are empty. Indeed, it is difficulties that make the triumph. It is no feat to travel the smooth road.” Unknown
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
Life should be about strength – Both mentally and physically.
Life should be about standing tall and confident.
Life should be about fierce determination to succeed.
My vision is that women will commit themselves to building up their bodies.
My vision is that women will stay committed to building strong and healthy bodies and minds, so that they can overcome any challenge that is thrown their way.
My vision is that women will have the courage to live their lives to the fullest and will no longer accept society’s unhealthy standards, but will fight to rise above them…
To be upset over what you don’t have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright